Wednesday 27 March 2013

So baked!





So, anyone that knows me IRL, knows I have an addiction. To baking. I love baking. It's a really great creative outlet for me, and my neighbours and friends have this love/hate relationship with me...mostly because I say "Hi! How are you? I baked, have some noms, kthxbai!"

I really like baking cupcakes and cookies. I'll do the occasional cake, but my decorating skills are not quite up there yet.
 You can do some really awesome stuff with different colours of royal icing, cookies and a toothpick...







And of course, cupcakes are super nommy. Heck, a friend of mine has asked me to make cupcakes for her April baby shower, which I feel is a huge compliment.


Some baking I did for my birthday last year:
On the left - vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with salted fudge filling and swiss meringue frosting. On the right - mexican chilli cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting.

Chocolate cake, with home-made marshmallow as frosting, smothered in chocolate ganache. I made this for the "apocalypse" day :P

Combined vanilla and chocolate buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla bean buttercream frosting.

I currently only have a stupid little oven that has space for only one rack, so I can't bake as much as I would like to. And even though people have suggested I do this as a living, I don't think I would. I love baking, but I would probably not deal with, say, bridezillas very well. Or momzillas. Or any kind of 'zilla that will make up a complaint to get attention or a discount.

But it's fun for a hobby, and always makes for a good birthday present :D

No comments:

Post a Comment