Tuesday 26 March 2013

Quit being such a fucking victim

Everyone has met at least one person like this. Everything happens to them, but it's never "their" fault. Any advice or suggestions on how to fix the issue is met with more buts than the average strip club has. Nothing ever works out, nothing ever goes their way. That person is the Eternal Victim.

I got rid of my EV last year, thankfully. I didn't know that person was a Victim when we first met, I just thought "hey, someone pretty cool! Awesome!".
Boy, did I learn. Waaah waaah waaah waaah.

Bitching about money, and not having enough. Dumbass, you've maxed out 4 credit cards, and you work 20 hours a week at a minimum wage job. Get a second job and stop buying crap you don't need!

Bitching about health. Quit buying junk food, drink more water and cut out the sugary sodas. And then you'll save even more money.

Bitching about not being able to sleep. Maybe try some exercise and cutting down on the aforementioned sugary sodas and, I dunno, getting into an actual sleep pattern?

Bitching about constantly losing friends. Well gee, I wonder why that is!

But no. Nothing was ever Victim's fault. There was a conspiracy, people are working against Victim, nothing they do makes a difference, blah blah blah blah. It was so exhausting being friends with this person, as I'm normally pretty much "Hey, I know why I'm in this situation, I have no-one to blame but myself, so lemme kick my own ass into gear." Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - but I try hard not to get into the Victim mind set. And thankfully Antisocial Husband helps with that.

 Maintaining this friendship was draining and potentially damaging to my psyche. The day I decided to sever all ties with Victim, it felt like the sun was coming out after weeks of dark clouds.

If you have someone like that in your life, I strongly suggest that you try and get rid of that emotional leech. Life is too short to spend it with people like that.


3 comments:

  1. :-/ sounds a bit like me :P
    Minus the junkfood and buying crap :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snot you, dumb dumb :P You're not a victim either. So shush :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, I know someone like this.... unfortunately, family is hard to make gone without police questioning.....

    ReplyDelete