Wednesday 11 November 2015

Where I've been


Ok, I've not been having a bubble bath in a forest. I don't get that, by the way. I mean, hello. BUGS. MANY BUGS. How relaxing can a bath be when a centipede lands in your cleavage???

I haven't posted in a very long time. My bad. So here's what's been going on for the last while.

Antisocial Husband is now AsshatExhusband. We still work together, and are totally amicable. Apparently splitting up amicably is a foreign thing, when I consider how many people have commented about how "adult" we're being. I'm over 30, I don't have time for drama, and plus we had a prenuptial contract which is SUPER AWESOME, I cannot recommend them enough. Having a prenup doesn't mean you're planning on splitting - because it can protect you during the marriage as well. I mean, if I'd suddenly developed a gambling problem, the prenup would have prevented debt collectors from coming after Ex's stuff to pay off my nonsense.

Did he break my heart? Yup. Did he destroy me? Nope. In fact, what with the benefit of hindsight, splitting up was the best thing to do, because we were growing apart. If he hadn't done it last year, I probably would have done it at some point in the future. I spent ten years with him, and I have learned a lot in those ten years.EDITED TO ADD: I recently found out that AsshatExhusband cheated on me and left me for the woman he was cheating on me with. I asked him numerous times if he was leaving me for someone else, and he said no.

Thankfully I've been lucky in that my friends and family have been super amazing and supportive. A good emotional support structure is worth more than one can think, and my loved ones have been madly brilliant.

I'm now living in a new place, with housemates. And the new place didn't have internet for nearly a year, which is a big part of my excuse for not blogging.

I'm also doing belly dancing. And apparently I'm pretty good at it, which was a massive shock to me. I mean, I'm the whitest person you'll meet when it comes to dancing. I have all the rhythm of a dead squirrel.

Let's see, what else...

Oh! I'm dating a rather lovely man :) Beardyman is rather smart, very sweet and has three dogs that he loves. Hopper loves him too (happily!) and his dogs seem to like me too :D. We also rescued a kitty. I'm not a cat person...well I wasn't a cat person. I am one now it seems! We have a lot in common (including being incredibly stubborn), and enough differences to make things interesting. He plays guitar (squeee!) and can draw and cook and gives pretty good massages. So I think I'll let him live ;)

I have to tell you, getting back into the dating world after the age of 30 is weird. WEIRD. You either get dudes that are looking for something to stick their dick into, or they have way more baggage than you do. And of course, most guys my age and above who are single tend to have kids, which is an emotional minefield. I take my hat off to people who have successful relationships not only with their partners, but their partners' kids and ex-partners. Because yikes.

Canada was lucky enough to get a visit from me this year as well, and it was brilliant to spend time with my parents. Did some cooking, a little sight seeing, lots of kak praat (talking nonsense for my non SA readers), and catching up.

Later dudes. I'm gonna try and post semi-regularly again.

1 comment: