Wednesday 24 April 2013

So you think you can dance



I know I can't dance. I literally dance like a white girl. I cannot "twerk" or booty shake, and while I do have some rhythm, I'm pretty uncoordinated.

I used to be the one you would see on the dance floor, surreptitiously checking out the dancers around me and trying to mimic their moves. And I would do it badly. Shoot, a stoned squirrel was probably more graceful.

So dancing is not my strength. Big deal. I'm over it - I'm gonna go on that dance floor and stomp up a storm. I don't care if my dancing isn't "sexy". I don't need to be sexy for anyone other than Antisocial Husband, and I don't seem to be doing too badly with that ;)

Life is too short to care if people "like" your dancing or not. I figure that as long as I'm not giving anyone a black eye and I'm enjoying the music, then what's the big deal? Ok, strobe lights help a lot, and dancing to music you enjoy makes a difference too.

Evil Pickle, her boyfriend Metalsaur, Antisocial Husband and I are going to Metallica this weekend. And you can bet your ass I'm gonna stomp, head bang, flail my arms around and have fun with my friends. What more do you need?

No comments:

Post a Comment