Tuesday 17 November 2015

Dating after 30




So, as previously mentioned, AsshatExHusband and I split up over a year ago. So obviously, I've been dating.

Being that I work from home, and going out by yourself (as a female) is dodgy and dangerous, I ended up using Tinder to find dates.

I have met some...interesting characters. I briefly dated someone ten years younger than me. He was fun but...I mean, he'd never watched Gummi Bears! Or MacGuyver! It could never have worked.

There was a girl who had serious potential (entertainment lawyer who worked for TIM FUCKING MINCHIN, into musicals and super funny), but for no reason she just stopped chatting to me before we could meet up :( .

There was a divorced dad who had two little girls, and he was a little too much into WOO for me.
For the uninitiated, WOO is when you buy everything that Food Babe says (i.e. if a ten year old can't pronounce it, you shouldn't put it into your body. Ok, so I shouldn't put Dihydrogen monoxide into my body, or as it's otherwise known, WATER), chemicals are bad (never mind that EVERYTHING IS FUCKING CHEMICALS), etc . Plus, he kissed like a 12 year old - all tongue. Seriously. So much tongue. Bleh.

There were a few Tinder matches that never got further than random chatting. One chap was clearly into negging. Negging is when you pay someone a compliment that is actually an insult, for example:
"That dress is lovely, it would look better if you lost a few pounds."
Clearly it didn't work on me. I mean, I give myself enough negative talk without having to accept it from some random person that doesn't even know me. And then the guy who gave me the line "nice guys always come last." I have no time for that - that smacks of the type of guy who complains that he's "friendzoned". Dude, women are not machines that you put niceness into and get sex in return.

Another chap had potential, as he was super into books and movies, and we had some awesome conversations about both. But for some reason he got cold feet about a week after our first date, and called it off. Which is fine, I was hardly expecting to marry him and bear his spawn, but I did enjoy the stimulating conversations we had.

I did get one good chap from Tinder - the aforementioned Beardyman. He's a big animal lover (plus), a musician (plus), loves reading (PLUS), can actually cook (plus) and has a very naughty smile.  He doesn't think he's smart, but he is. And an absolute gentleman to boot - we've been dating just over 3 months and he still opens doors for me. Something, incidentally, that Ex never did.

He's totally cool with the fact that I'm a massive dork - in fact, for my birthday, he got me TWO JRR Tolkien books (the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales), and loves The Fifth Element nearly as much as I do. I like this one, so I think I'll keep him around.




No comments:

Post a Comment